Saturday, September 8, 2012

LIttle Surprises

It's the little unexpected surprises that bring the most happiness.
For example last night for dinner my boyfriend surprised me by getting me the Panang Curry. What made it more of a surprise was I was expecting to come home from a long day a work to have pizza.   I am one of the few Americans that could go weeks if not months between eating pizza.  I had my heart set on Thai food, especially the curry, so when I called to tell him I was on my way home and he said he was going to pick up the pizza my heart sank a little.  I was actually trying to talk myself into wanting pizza.  Then to my glorious surprise he comes home with both curry and pizza. Yes I was happy, but I couldn't help to feel guilty that I made him go to two separate places for our meal.  It's not like we live in the city where it might have been more easily accessible.  He is so extremely thoughtful, I am not sure what I did to deserve him.
My next surprise is food related as well.  He knows he can win me over with food so easily.  There is (or so I thought) no good place to buy bubble tea near us. I fell in love with the concept of bubble tea when I lived in Newport RI.  There was a cute tea shop that specialized in all sorts of bubble tea.  Now I only have bubble tea occasionally, because it is not to often that you find a place that sells it. However, Ken discovered that a tea house in West Hartford, serves bubble tea.  So today he comes home from his shopping with a peach iced tea with tapioca, just for me! It made my day.  I like that he still enjoys finding ways to surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment