Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disrepect

I am so frustrated at work. Better yet I should say I am frustrated with people's blatant disrespect for authority. I work at a bank which has three branches: the plaza, centre, and main branches. I regularly work at the plaza branch. The plaza as of late has gotten a negative reputation. There are a couple tellers at the plaza branch that cause some drama. Now last year at my review I was at my breaking point and I asked to be moved around to different branches every once in awhile. I asked this so that I could get away and re-energize. I thought it would help with coping with the drama so I wouldn't get so upset that I act unprofessionally. When I say unprofessional I mean getting angry and snapping at co-workers and being disrespectful. This has helped and I look forward to what I call my little vacations. Currently I am on one of my vacations I have just been at the main office and will be going to the centre for the rest of this week and next. What really bugs me is when on these vacations I get a inter-office call from my manager. He was looking for help and I told him I would help him. However, the situation required me to look at something so I asked him who was working at the Plaza and if one of the tellers there could help him. He hesitates and then says Well I already asked Michelle if she would look at it and she said No. I was floored. I couldn't believe that any would flat out say no to their manager. I told him he could fax me what he had and I would try to help him, but I should have had to say this. He should have been able to turn to anybody there to get the help he needed. Luckily Kim the assistant manager at the plaza came back soon after and helped him, but I am still appalled that some would just say no to him. Even if he wasn't the manager is it just human decency to help your co-workers if they need it. I swear Michelle doesn't understand the word respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment